Thank you for visiting the Delta Partners website. The aim of this privacy statement (“Privacy Statement”) is to clearly explain what, how and why we collect the information about you that we do; the legal basis for doing so; and what we do with that information.
In line with most venture capital firms, Delta primarily collects and receives data pertaining to companies, not to individuals. From time to time, we may collect or obtain information about you as an individual that you provide to us, or that we obtain from third parties or which is publicly available. This information about you may include your name, age, gender, date of birth and contact information. It may also include so called ‘sensitive’ or ‘special categories’ of personal data, such as banking details.
We recognise that when you provide us with information about yourself or for your business, you are trusting us to act in a responsible manner and we are committed to making sure we earn that trust. We take your privacy seriously, and we will not sell any information we collect. We will not share it with third party organisations unless required by applicable law or for a valid legal reason.
This Privacy Statement is effective with respect to any data that we have collected, or collect, about (or from) you, and if you have any questions or comments, or if you want to access, update, delete, or change any personal information we hold, or you have a concern about the way in which we have handled a particular privacy matter then please email our Data Protection Representative, Declan Kelly at email@example.com. We would like it that you come to us in the first instance with any form of complaint. However, please be advised that you also have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the Data Protection Commissioner.
When you access our website or contact us via the website, we may collect information about your visit and your web browsing. That information may include your IP address, your operating system, your browser ID, your browsing activity, and other information about how you interacted with our Website.
We collect this as it will help us understand how our site is used and to provide the best service to those who use it.
When you choose to submit a CV or business plan to us, you are voluntarily giving us information, that may include personal data. We will use the information you provide to provide a service, only in the context in which you have contacted us.
We will retain any personal data that you voluntarily provide during the course of your interactions with us in line with our retention policies. All personal data will be destroyed or deleted at the end of its retention period in accordance with our retention and secure disposal policy.
Some parts of the site may use a ‘cookie,’ which is a small text file that is placed on your computer’s hard drive. The cookie collects standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. The site may use a cookie to log which pages you visit or to provide you with enhanced capabilities during your visit. You can set your browser to refuse to accept cookies; however, if you choose to do this, some features of this site (and others) may not function properly.
The legal grounds we use for processing personal data
We rely on one or more of the following lawful grounds:
- you have explicitly agreed to us processing your information for a specific reason;
- the processing is necessary to perform the agreement we have with you or to take steps to enter into an agreement with you;
- the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation we have such as keeping records for tax purposes or providing information to a public body or law enforcement agency;
- the processing is necessary for the purposes of a legitimate interest pursued by us, which might be: (a) to provide our services to you or our clients and other third parties and ensure that our client engagements are well-managed; (b) to prevent fraud; (c) to protect our business interests; (d) to ensure that complaints are investigated; (e) to evaluate, develop or improve our venture capital investment offering; or (f) to keep you or our investors and advisors informed about relevant opportunities and information and to provide you with information, unless you have indicated at any time that you do not wish us to do so.
To the extent that we process any special categories of data relating to you for any of the purposes outlined above, we will do so because either:
- you have given us your explicit consent to process that data;
- we are required by law to process that data in order to ensure we meet our ‘know your client’ and ‘anti-money laundering’ obligations (or other legal obligations imposed on us);
- the processing is necessary to carry out our obligations under employment, social security or social protection law;
- the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or
- you have made the data manifestly public.
Please note that in certain circumstances it may be still lawful for us to continue processing your information even where you have withdrawn your consent, if one of the other legal bases described above is applicable.
This Privacy Statement was last updated in March 2019.